The powdered substance obtained by pulverizing scrap waste tires through mechanical method (such as, rubber powder production line) is rubber powder. Compared with reclaimed rubber, manufacturing of rubber powder doesn’t need desulfurization. So the production process consumes less energy and the process is much simpler than reclaimed rubber production. Making rubber powder from waste tire reduces the environmental pollution, and the rubber powder has excellent performance and wide applications. The following is one of the applications.
The rubber powder produced by rubber recycling plant is mixed with asphalt to modify the asphalt’s characteristics. Using the modified asphalt to pave highway or high-grade road surface can achieve good effect. Specific points:
1. Improve the viscosity of asphalt. The asphalt with high viscosity can not only increase resistance to deformation, but also enhance the adhesion between asphalt and gravel, with better water sealing performance.
2. Improve the low-temperature performance of asphalt. The rubber asphalt has excellent low-temperature performance, which can significantly reduce the road cracking in the cols region and lengthens the service life the road.
3. Improve the comfort and safety of driving. The flexibility of the rubber pavement can ease the vehicle vibration caused by uneven road surface and improve adhesion properties between tires and road, as well as shorten the braking distance to improve the comfort and safety of the cars.
4. Reduce the cost of road construction. The use of rubber asphalt can make the thickness of the pavement reduced by half.
5. Significantly improve the performance of anti-aging and anti-fatigue. Adding a large number of waste tire rubber powder can not only increase anti-aging, oxidation and thermal stability, but also can supply flexible and fatigue crack resistance in the large temperature range conditions due to the excellent performance of tire rubber powder, and thereby to extend the service life of the road.